IBM Predicts – in Five Years Everything will Learn
ARMONK, N.Y. – 17 Dec 2013: Today IBM unveiled the eighth annual “IBM 5 in 5“ (#ibm5in5) – a list of innovations that have the potential to change the way people work, live and interact during the next five years.
- The classroom will learn you
- Buying local will beat online
- Doctors will routinely use your DNA to keep you well
- A digital guardian will protect you online
- The city will help you live in it
This year’s IBM 5 in 5 explores the idea that everything will learn – driven by a new era of cognitive systems where machines will learn, reason and engage with us in a more natural and personalized way. These innovations are beginning to emerge enabled by cloud computing, big data analytics and learning technologies all coming together, with the appropriate privacy and security considerations, for consumers, citizens, students and patients. (more…)