*Publishers can now install Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign(R)for their Adobe InDesign(R) software to create Kindle books directly from InDesign(R) files.*
SEATTLE, Oct 01, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) today announced the Beta Version of Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign(R), a new tool that allows publishers to more easily make titles available for Kindle by converting Adobe InDesign(R) files directly into Kindle books. This is a free download, and allows publishers and content creators to take existing print-ready files and create Kindle books with a couple of clicks.
“Our aim is to make it simple, fast and cost-effective for publishers to create Kindle books,” said Russ Grandinetti, Vice President, Kindle Content. “The release of Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign(R) is another step toward this goal. We look forward to feedback from publishers on how we can improve and what additional features they’d like to see.”
Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign(R) has features that make it easier and faster to create Kindle content, including:
– Maintain font styling information, text alignment and paragraph alignment
– Export images present in the book into the Kindle book
– Add a cover page, links within the book, bullets and numbering
– Specify the Table of Contents to use for the Kindle book
– Support tables
– Work with Adobe InDesign(R) version CS4, CS5 in Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and Mac (10.5 and 10.6)
For more information and to download Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign(R) for free, go to www.amazon.com/kindlepublishing.