*Alexandria, Va., knows how to keep the romance alive as America’s most romantic city for the second year in a row; Miami keeps it hot as the sexiest city in the U.S.*
SEATTLE, Feb 08, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Love is in the air. Amazon.com today announced its list of the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in America. After compiling sales data of romance novels and relationship books (Kindle Books and print books), romantic comedy movies (digital movies and DVDs), Barry White albums (CDs and MP3s), along with sexual wellness products, since Jan. 1, 2011, on a per capita basis in cities with over 100,000 residents, the Top 20 most romantic cities in the U.S. are:
|1. Alexandria, Va.||11. Vancouver, Wash.|
|2. Knoxville, Tenn.||12. Round Rock, Texas|
|3. Orlando, Fla.||13. Pittsburgh|
|4. Miami||14. Salt Lake City|
|5. Ann Arbor, Mich.||15. Arlington, Va.|
|6. Columbia, S.C.||16. Las Vegas|
|7. Cincinnati||17. Clarksville, Tenn.|
|8. Murfreesboro, Tenn.||18. St. Louis|
|9. Gainesville, Fla.||19. Dayton, Ohio|
|10. Tallahassee, Fla.||20. Frisco, Texas|
In taking a closer look at Amazon.com’s “romantic” data, the company also unveiled that:
- Alexandria, Va., knows how to keep the romance alive as America’s most romantic city (second year in a row!)
- Needing to turn up the heat are El Monte, Calif.; Paterson, N.J.; and Miami Gardens, Fla., as the least romantic cities, coming in with the fewest number of overall purchases in the determining categories.
- Florida is for romantics, with four cities–Miami, Gainesville, Orlando, and Tallahassee–ranked among the Top 20 most romantic cities.
- For the second year in a row, Miami is the Sexiest City in America, winning the top spot in the sexual wellness category.
- Of the Top 20, Knoxville, Tenn., is the most improved, jumping up 14 spots from last year to clock in as the second most romantic city.
To browse Amazon’s selection of Valentine’s Day gifts in books, music, movies–and contribute to your city’s romantic rating–visit: https://www.amazon.com/books, https://www.amazon.com/freevdaymusic, https://www.amazon.com/romantic-comedies, and https://www.amazon.com/valentines.