Whether you’re a new blogger trying to gain some recognition for your blog or a seasoned veteran looking for something new to do, guest posting for other bloggers is one of the best things you can do to both expand your blog and improve your writing. It can be a little intimidating at first, trying to reach out to other bloggers and pitch topic ideas or submit articles, however there’s a lot to be gained from doing so.
1. Exposure: Writing for other blogs, big or small, exposes your writing to an entirely new audience. This is one of the major factors in helping your blog grow, because when someone reads your guest post and appreciates your writing style or the information you shared they will almost always click over to your blog to see what else you have to offer.
2. Links: Backlinks on other websites are what every blogger works so hard to gain because they offer another way for people to find your blog. Since most bloggers will allow their guest posters to put a link in the byline to their blog, it’s the perfect way for you to obtain a new link on the web.
3. Experience: The only way you get better at writing is by writing often, and guest posting gives you an opportunity to work on both your writing and your content development. You also get to hear reviews of your post from an entirely new set of eyes, and reading the comments left on your guest post can help you fine-tune your writing skills, allowing you to see what you’re currently doing that is working in your favor and what isn’t.
4. Networking: By offering up guest posts for other bloggers you are able to network with them and form mutually beneficial relationships, whether that’s exchanging posts for one another or regularly contributing to each other’s blogs. Networking through blogging is a great way to gain even more exposure to your own blog and make some friends along the way.
5. It’s fun! It’s pretty likely that you blog because you enjoy it, and guest posting is just one more opportunity to have some fun with your writing. The challenge of crafting a high quality post over your topic of choice is an enjoyable endeavor that works entirely to your advantage, and is something that you can have fun with as you write.
Guest posting is something that every blogger should do at least a few times throughout their blogging career. You’ll make new friends with other bloggers, gain invaluable experience as you write, and have fun marketing your blog around the web.
*About the Author:
This guest post is contributed by Debra Johnson, blogger and editor of Liveinnanny.com. She welcomes your comments at her email Id: – jdebra84 @ gmail.com.