Digital Asset Management, also known as DAM is a technology that helps you to store, archive, organize, distribute and access digital media. Digital media may include documents, videos, images or any other types of files. In this article, we will tell you why Digital Asset Management is the best tool to manage your company’s digital data. DAM can be used for both personal and organizational purposes. However, before we move on to the benefits of Digital Assets Management, it is important to understand the concept of assets.
In DAM systems, all kinds of digital data like images, videos, documents etc. are known as assets. Time, money and resources are usually used by an organization to create assets in the form of files. With the advancement in technology, it has been quite easy to store and access these files digitally. Therefore, this definition of DAM systems came into existence. Basically, Digital Asset Management describes processes and technologies that aim to maximize the return on file investments in an organization.
In order to understand why DAM is the best tool to manage your digital data, we will have to explain various benefits that DAM provides to an organization. Here, we will explain how DAM enhances the efficiency and productivity of an organization.
How Does Digital Asset Management Benefit An Organization
1) Enhanced Efficiency – Usually, employees waste a lot of time searching for files on different servers, emails, FTP sites and workstations. DAM allows you to quickly find any sort of file based on a search query. DAM systems build an index of assets which helps in accessing files quickly. The whole system is a centralized database and therefore, you have to look in just one place. Moreover, this database is indexed and optimized. As a result, search results are always instantaneous.
2) Cost effective – As mentioned earlier, DAM helps in enhancing the efficiency of employees. Moreover, it is a cost effective tool as it saves a lot of money which is usually spent on recreating lost assets. Moreover, Digital Asset Management saves your organization from license violations, fines for incorrect usage of data and other such issues.
3) Revenue – Digital Asset Management also helps in enabling licensing or sale of assets, thereby monetizing asset collections. DAM provides a back end database which helps in providing an Ecommerce solution. DAM can also track information related to licensing terms, stock updates etc. Moreover, DAM brings products to markets faster than other mediums. It increases the accessibility to images and other documents. This helps in reducing the time for creation of products.
4) Branding – In modern times, visual appeal of a company plays an important role in branding. Logos and artwork have to be used correctly and consistently in order to maintain a positive image among the masses. DAM systems make sure that all the right assets are easily available. Moreover, DAM systems also ensure that unapproved or expired brand assets are not used by the organization.
5) Customer service – Online DAM from WEBDAMsolutions.co.uk ensures that digital media can be instantly delivered through DAM systems. This enhances the efficiency of customer service. Digital asset management software by WebDamSolutions.com also helps in generating brochures for prospective customers.
Sachin is a freelance writer who writes on different topics such as technology, gadgets. He holds bachelor’s degree in electronics. He has published more than 500 articles about various topics, including computer support and Windows terminal emulator. His famous articles includes article on Online DAM from WEBDAMsolutions.co.uk and Digital asset management software by WebDamSolutions.com.