*57% of Women Polled Think They Look Fat Naked;
Thighs ranked as #1 Most Hated Body Part; Cleavage ranked as #1 Body Part To Flaunt Among Women
However, 63% of adults admit to walking around their home naked*
SUNNYVALE, Calif. & NEW YORK — It’s no wonder losing weight continues to dominate New Year’s resolutions—a new survey from FITNESS Magazine and Yahoo! Shine reveals that 57% of women polled think they look fat naked and 81% of adults have a body part they hate. The exclusive survey asked 1,500 women and men to bare it all about how they feel about being naked.
The survey revealed a lack of body confidence with women more likely than men to have issues with many parts of their body, primarily their thighs (21%), while men dislike their butts the most (11%).
- When looking in the mirror, 57% of women say they think they look fat, and wish they were more toned and less jiggly
- 48% of men think they look good when they glance in the mirror
Most Flaunted Body Part:
- 31% of women ranked cleavage as the body part they most like to flaunt
- 19% prefer to show off their butts
- 14% have legs they like to reveal in a miniskirt
Most Hated Body Part:
- Overall, thighs are the most hated body part among women and men (14%) followed by arms and butt with 11% of the votes each
- Women are more likely to dislike their thighs (21%)
- Men like their butt the least (11%)
- Only 19% of adults say they would go to a nude beach at any time; 29% said they would only go at night and about 20% saying they would go if they lost weight
- 47% of women feel sexier wearing lingerie than being naked; 53% of men agree
- Adults are more uninhibited at home. Nearly 3 in 4 frequently have sex with the lights on (71%) and nearly 2 in 3 often walk around the house naked (63%). Men are also more likely to walk around the house without clothes on (67%) than women (59%)
- 27% of men walk around nude in the locker room, compared to only 9% of women.
- 20% of men have posed naked for a photo; 15% of women have
- 18% of men have “sexted” someone a naked photo, while 12% of women have hit send