ChatGPT is simply a chatbot or chat robot that ‘chat’ with you. This artificial intelligence is not a ‘Terminator’ like robot, that many of us may think, rather a cutting-edge language model that answers your inputs or questions, so to say.
Now a days you will hear or see lot of stuffs regarding this AI (artificial intelligence). At first, it looks like free for life and you can make huge profit from it. But no, it’s not Wikipedia.
It’s a fully commercial programme developed by OpenAI with two different playgrounds.
First one, there is a free chat version but then you have an upgraded one called ‘ChatGPT Plus’ for $20/month. So to harness the full chat potential of ChatGPT, you will need to get the paid version.
Second playground, ChatGPT API (application programming interface) for software developers.
I asked ChatGPT the following question: „Where can developers use ChatGPT APIs? Give me some examples.“ It gave me a fantastic answer I was looking for:
Developers can use ChatGPT APIs in a variety of applications that involve natural language processing (NLP), such as:
- Chatbots and virtual assistants: ChatGPT APIs can be used to power chatbots and virtual assistants in a variety of industries, including healthcare, finance, and customer service. These applications can use ChatGPT to generate natural and engaging responses to user queries.
- Content creation: ChatGPT APIs can be used to generate content such as articles, social media posts, and product descriptions. Developers can train ChatGPT on specific topics or styles of writing to create content that matches a particular brand’s voice or tone.
- Language translation: ChatGPT can be used to translate text from one language to another. This application can be particularly useful for companies with global operations or for users who need to communicate in multiple languages.
- Voice assistants: ChatGPT can be integrated into voice assistants to provide more natural and engaging responses to voice queries. This application can be useful in smart home devices, in-car infotainment systems, and other voice-activated technologies.
- Search engines: ChatGPT APIs can be used to power search engines that understand natural language queries. This application can be particularly useful for e-commerce websites or other websites with large amounts of text-based content.
Overall, ChatGPT APIs can be used in any application that involves natural language processing and can benefit from more human-like interactions between machines and humans.
However, ChatGPT APIs are not free to use. There is a pricing for it and you can find more details on it here: https://openai.com/pricing
By the way, ChatGPT APIs are not included in the ChatGPT Plus subscription and these two services are billed separately, according to OpenAI. The ChatGPT Plus subscription, which is $20/month as mentioned earlier, covers chat.openai.com only.
So not for all but for some big companies and rich individuals ChatGPT is going to be a wonderful playground.