The post talks about fruits and vegetables, why it’s important to take them regularly to prevent or fight cancer. We all know what ‘cancer’ is. Many of us are suffering from it and others may face it one day.
Fruits and vegetables help fighting cancers, but how?. They contain ‘antioxidants’. Some of the well-known antioxidants are beta-carotene and lycopene. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant. Antioxidants help preventing cell damage from free radicals by neutralizing them. These free radicals are very reactive, they are ready to go into reaction or action, whatever we call it, by taking electrons from other molecules to be ‘complete’. This way they harm the cells. When this continues and doesn’t recover by natural processes, a large number of our body cells are damaged, and what we suffer from is cancer (not always but one of the reasons).
What are the general sources of antioxidants in fruits and vegetables:
- Carrots, mangoes, pumpkins, spinach are rich in beta-carotene.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene. Watermelon, blood oranges as well.
- Vitamin C is common in most of the fruits.
- Soybean oils and broccoli have vitamin E, another antioxidant. A more detailed info can be found here.
However, we get these antioxidants from food, and they are not free of costs. But still two more ‘very powerful’ antioxidants remain hidden:
- The first one, ‘smile’. Smile, it’s an antidote to many known and unknown diseases. ‘Laughter is the best medicine’ and it’s free.
- No.2, breath. Breathe deeply once or twice a day. Inhaling fresh air is vital for our cells – mind and body. We don’t need to pay for it either. There’s plenty of oxygen in nature.
So fruits and vegetables, smile and breath are the best medicines for a healthy living.
Don’t forget it. Smile a little bit…. 🙂 🙂