*Sleek Design and Lightning Speed Deliver a Seamless Experience Across Devices for Hundreds of Millions of Users Worldwide*
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct 27, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Yahoo! today launched Yahoo! Mail Beta, a faster, easier, safer, and more social communications experience that helps the 273-million people who use Yahoo! Mail around the world be more engaged, productive and connected than ever.
Beginning today, people can opt-in to Yahoo! Mail Beta to easily navigate and organize their inbox, browse photos and videos, more efficiently search for emails and benefit from improved spam protection. The sleek new interface is consistent across all desktop, mobile, and tablet devices – including Yahoo! Mail experiences on PCs, iPhones, iPads, Android phones and more. Yahoo! Mail Beta also lets people connect with friends across social networks like Twitter and Facebook and through improved instant messaging and texting tools right from the inbox.
“Online communication tools are an important part of people’s lives–whether they’re connecting with their friends and family, sharing pictures and videos, or keeping up on news across social networks,” said Blake Irving, chief product officer, Yahoo!. “We’ve built a powerful global framework for email that lets us quickly innovate and enhance this trusted service that people rely on every day. Yahoo! Mail Beta completes our trio of mail experiences, seamlessly spanning the PC, Droid, iPhone and iPad. For the millions of people who access email from a PC and a phone or tablet, there’s no better cross-device experience.”
To get the new version, search on Yahoo.com for “Yahoo! Mail Beta” or visit https://features.mail.yahoo.com and click “Try It Now” to:
- Communicate faster and do more – Designed from the ground up to provide blazing fast performance, this new version will be at least twice as fast for most people around the world. Yahoo! Mail Beta also speeds up tools that allow people to be more productive with the time they have, by more easily finding messages from contacts or using third-party applications directly within the inbox.
- Stay connected to social networks – As a central destination for social experiences from across the Web, Yahoo! Mail Beta lets people view and share updates from Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo!, and beyond. Additional features include enhanced IM and SMS capabilities for seamless chatting and texting within Yahoo! Mail Beta.
- View photos and videos right from the inbox – Automatic slideshow features mean people can easily see photos and videos from sites like Flickr, Picasa, and YouTube from right within their email messages.
- Search through mail with ease – A new mail search tool leverages Yahoo!’s wealth of search science and technology to help people quickly find the right emails. New search refinement features allow users to easily navigate, sort, and narrow search results by sender, attachment file, date, or folder location.
- Stay protected from spam – Independently verified as the world’s #1 email provider in protecting users from spam, Yahoo! Mail Beta uses Yahoo!’s global cloud computing infrastructure to further Yahoo!’s anti-spam efforts and provide an even safer mail experience.
During this Beta period, Yahoo! will continually update and add new features to Yahoo! Mail Beta. All global users can choose to switch between Yahoo! Mail Beta and the current versions of Yahoo! Mail. Yahoo! Mail Beta is available in 25 markets around the world.