Forum Index
shamskm.com Home

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

‘die Reise’ - Travelling

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> German as a Foreign Language (Deutsch als Fremdsprache)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: ‘die Reise’ - Travelling Reply with quote

So dear Pals, before you start flying, get few vocabularies Smile

die Reise – travel, trip, journey (pl. die Reisen)

Corresponding verb: reisen – to travel (past & past participle: reiste, gereist)

das Ausland – abroad, foreign country

das Buchen – booking

Corresponding verb: buchen – to reserve, to book (past & past participle: buchte, gebucht)

Ich reise oft ins Ausland. - I often travel abroad (like, for business or work purposes)

Ich reise gerne ins Ausland. - I like to travel abroad (like, as a traveler to see other countries, cultures etc.)

Ich habe eine Reise nach Ägypten gebucht. - I booked a trip to Egypt.

Die Reise dauert mindestens zwei Wochen. - The trip lasts for at least two weeks.

Die Reise dauert zwischen ein bis zwei Wochen. - The journey takes between one to two weeks.

Ich habe die Reise online gebucht. - I booked the trip online.

Viele Touristen besuchen jedes Jahr die Pyramiden von Gizeh. - Many tourists visit each year the Pyramids of Giza.

die Pyramide – pyramid (pl. die die Pyramiden)

online gebucht – booked online

Bist du jemals nach Ägypten gereist? – Have you ever been to Egypt?

Bist du jemals duch ein fremdes Land gereist? - Have you ever travelled to a foreign country?

Bist du jemals allein durch ein fremdes Land gereist? - Have you ever travelled alone to a foreign country?

jemals – ever

Reist du oft ins Ausland? - Do you travel often abroad?

Reist du gerne ins Ausland? – Do you like to travel abroad?

Wie war die Reise? (How was the trip?)

- Die Reise war super, ich habe mir viele neue, spannende und kulturelle Eindrücke von dem Land mitgebracht!

(The trip was great, I have brought with me many new, exciting and cultural impressions of the country!)

Wie war die Reise? (How was the trip?)

- Das war eine sehr tolle und erlebnisreiche Reise. Ich habe dort viele nette und interessante Leute kennengelernt!

(It was a very great and eventful trip. I met there many nice and interesting people!)

der Eindruck – impression (pl. die Eindrücke)

eine sehr tolle Reise – a very great/amazing trip

eine erlebnisreiche Reise - an eventful trip

Verbs:

mitbringen – to bring something with someone (past & past participle: brachte mit, mitgebracht)

kennenlernen – to know someone or something, to meet someone (past & past participle: lernte kennen, kennengelernt)

Wo warst du in den letzten Sommerferien? - Where were you during the last summer vacation?

Gute Reise! – Have a good trip!

Viele Touristen besuchen jedes Jahr die Pyramiden von Gizeh. - Many tourists visit each year the Pyramids of Giza. (Image credit: Edgardo W. Olivera, Source: Flickr, CC BY 2.0)

Read also: Exchange Rate: Euro to US Dollar

*Special Thanks: My very special thanks are due to my neighbour Rene Sommer and my colleague Mike Liebold for their time and patience to correct my mistakes. My humble gratitude!!!

*Recommended:

Read wonderful articles (English & German) on Science & Tech, Environment, Health and many other topics only on BlogArena.

*Your questions, suggestions/corrections are highly welcome or write to us- info@shamskm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> German as a Foreign Language (Deutsch als Fremdsprache) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: