Forum Index
shamskm.com Home

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'ab und zu' – now and then

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> German as a Foreign Language (Deutsch als Fremdsprache)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: 'ab und zu' – now and then Reply with quote

ab und zu – now and then/from time to time

In your everyday life in Germany, you will need ‘ab und zu’ from time to time Smile

So let’s get few examples:

1) Ab und zu besuche ich meine Eltern in Bayern - From time to time I visit my parents in Bavaria.

2) Ab und zu träume ich der reichste Mann der Welt zu sein – Now and then I dream to be the richest man on Earth.

3) Natalie war das schönste Mädchen in unserer Klasse, ich träumte ab und zu ihr Freund zu sein - Natalie was the most beautiful girl in our class, now and then I dreamt to be her boyfriend!

4) Ab und zu tauchen Phantome in meinen Träumen auf – From time to time Phantoms appear in my dreams.

5) Ich bin ein Hobbyfilmer, ich mache ab und zu Kurzfilme über die Migranten und ihr Leben in Deutschland - I'm an amateur filmmaker, from time to time I make short films about the migrants and their life in Germany

6) Es passiert ab und zu - It happens from time to time/ It happens now and then.

7) Mike geht mit seiner Frau ab und zu in den FKK Club - Mike goes from time to time with his wife to the nudist club.

8 ) Als Teenager rauchte ich ab und zu, habe aber jetzt vollständig gestoppt - As a teenager I was smoking from time to time, but now I have stopped smoking completely.

9) Er arbeitet ab und zu als freiberuflicher Fotojournalist, um Extrageld zu verdienen - Occasionally he works as a freelance photojournalist to earn extra money.

der Teenager – teenager (pl. die Teenager)

das Mädchen – girl (pl. die Mädchen)

FKK Club - nudist club (FKK means ‘Freikörperkultur’ – nudism)

der Hobbyfilmer - amateur film-maker

der Migrant/die Migrantin – migrant (pl. die Migrantin)

der Traum – dream (pl. die Träume)

das Phantom – phantom (pl. die Phantome)

verb: träumen – to dream (past & past participle: träumte, geträumt)

verdienen – to earn (past & past participle: verdiente, verdient)

*Special Thanks: My very special thanks to Mr. Paul Meyer for his time and patience to correct my mistakes.

*Recommended:

Read wonderful articles (English & German) on Science & Tech, Environment, Health and many other topics only on BlogArena.

*Your questions, suggestions/corrections are highly welcome or write to us- info@shamskm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> German as a Foreign Language (Deutsch als Fremdsprache) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: