Conversation in German: Good mood - bad mood

This forum is dedicated to learning German (Deutsch) easily
Admin
Site Admin

Conversation in German: Good mood - bad mood

Post by Admin »

Let's hear a conversation today. It's about weather and mood:

Kleines Gespräch: Gute Laune – Schlechte Laune

Elizabeth: Hallo Lars, hier ist Eli……..wie geht’s dir?

Lars: Mir geht es gut, alles bestens. Hier ist es sonnig und es scheint mir, dass der Frühling schon begonnen hat trotz dass wir Mitte Februar haben. Dank des Klimawandels.

Eli: Das ist schön und ich freue mich, dass das Wetter in Bonn so gut ist. Aber hier in Berlin regnet es den ganzen Tag, bewölkt und immer grau. Ich habe sehr schlechte Laune.

Lars: Dann komm am Wochenende zu mir. Ich habe den Wetterbericht im Fernsehen gesehen, die nächsten Tage wird es hier wärmer und sogar fast um die 20 Grad.

Eli: Das ist aber toll. Lass mich überlegen………

Lars: Wenn du kommst, dann gehen wir zum Schwimmen…….Wir können auch eine Runde Fahrrad fahren. Da gibt es hier 100 km lange Fahrradwege, nur für die Naturfreunde.Und ich koche für dich etwas besonderes………sehr leckeres vietnamesisches Essen!

Eli: Ohh…….du hast zu viele wunderschöne Ideen! Dann komme ich zu dir. Jetzt packe ich meine Sache ein und gehe direkt zum Bahnhof.
Lars: Das ist super………ich warte auf dich.

Eli: Bis bald.

Lar: Bis bald.

Lars:'........es scheint mir, dass der Frühling schon begonnen hat trotz........'(Image credit: skyseeker, Source: Flickr, CC BY 2.0)

In English:

Small talk: Good mood - bad mood

Elizabeth: Hi Lars, here is Eli...........how are you?

Lars: I'm fine, everything is just great. Here it’s sunny. It seems to me that spring has already begun, although we are in the middle of February. Thanks to the climate change.

Eli: That’s beautiful and I am glad to hear that weather in Bonn is so good. But here in Berlin it’s raining all day, cloudy and always gray. I got a very bad mood.

Lars: Then on the weekend come to me. I saw weather report on television, the next days are going to be warmer and even will be around 20 degrees.

Eli: That's nice. Let me think........

Lars: When you come, we will go swimming............We can also enjoy biking. Here you have a 100km long bike path only for the nature lovers. And I will cook something very special for you............ a very tasty Vietnamese dish!

Eli: Ohh..........you have so many wonderful ideas! Then I come to you. Now I pack up my stuffs and go directly to the railway station.

Lars: That's super...........I will be waiting for you.

Eli: See you soon.

Lars: See you.

das Gespräch – conversation, interview, talk (Pl. form – die Gespräche)

die Laune – mood (Pl. form – die Launen)

der Frühling – spring (Pl. form – die Frühlinge)

das Wetter – weather

der Klimawandel – climate change (Pl. form – die Klimawandel)

der Tag – day (Pl. form – die Tage)

das Fahrrad – bike (Pl. form – die Fahrräder)

das Essen – meal, dish

der Bahnhof – railway station (Pl. form – die Bahnhöfe)

bewölkt – cloudy (adjektiv)

lecker – tasty, delicious (adjektiv)

Verb: scheinen, schien, geschienen (to seem, seemed, seemed)

sich überlegen, überlegte, überlegt (to think about something, thought, thought)

einpacken, packte ein, eingepackt (to pack something, packed, packed)

*Little bit of ‘Genitiv’

‚Dank des Klimawandels‘ (thanks to the climate change) – here you see an example of ‘Genitiv’. In ‘Genitiv’ der changes to des. Another example:

Der Kuli des Mannes – the pen of the man (‘Genitiv’ makes this ‘of the’ of a sentence)