das Bankkonto – bank account

der Scheck – check/cheque

die Kreditkarte – credit card

der Geldschein – banknote

die Banknote – bank note

der Betrag - amount

die Gebühr – fee, charge

Exchange Rate: Euro to US Dollar

Guten Tag, ich möchte 100 Euro in US-Dollar umtauschen - Good day, I would like to exchange 100 Euro into US Dollar.

Was ist der aktuelle Wechselkurs zu US-Dollar? - What is the current exchange rate to US Dollar?

Wie viele Dollar bekomme ich für 100 Euro? - How many Dollars can I get for 100 Euro?

Wie viele Dollar bekomme ich, wenn ich 100 Euro umtausche? - How many Dollars I get when I exchange for 100 Euro? Or how many Dollars can I get by converting 100 Euro.

der Wechselkurs - exchange rate

Verb: umtauschen – to convert, to exchange something for something (past & past participle: tauschte um, umgetauscht)

*Special Thanks: My very special thanks to Mr. Paul Meyer for his time to correct the mistakes.

Other Examples:

In colloquial form money is known as ‚Kohle‘ (die Kohle means ‘coal’)

Zeit ist Geld - Time is money.

Geld stinkt nicht - Money has no smell / There’s nothing wrong with money!

Geld ist Macht – Money is power/Money talks.

Alle Rechnungen sind zahlbar nach Rechnungsdatum - All invoices are payable according to the invoice date.

Der Gesamtbetrag muss am 10.02.2015 auf dem unten angegebenen Konto gutgeschrieben sein - The total amount has to be credited on the specified Account below on 10.02.2015.

auf dem unten angegebenen Konto - on the account given below

Verb: gutschreiben – to credit somethiing to someone/something (past & past participle.: schrieb gut, gutgeschrieben)

Bitte überweisen Sie den Betrag innerhalb von 10 Tagen auf folgende Bankverbindung - Please transfer the amount within 10 days to the following bank account.

verb: überweisen - to transfer (past & past participle: überwies, überwiesen)

Da ich morgen nach Stuttgart fahre, hole ich mir auf der Bank noch ein wenig Geld. - As I'm leaving tomorrow to Stuttgart, I'll get on the bank a little more money.

Da ich morgen nach Stuttgart fahre, gehe ich jetzt noch einmal zur Bank, um mir ein wenig Geld zu holen. - As I'm leaving tomorrow to Stuttgart, I'm going again to the bank to get me some money.

*Special Thanks: My very special thanks to my neighbor Mr. Rene Sommer for his time to correct my mistakes.