Need to document knowledge

Forum for interested participants in yoga and any health related issues.
lida12

Need to document knowledge

Post by lida12 »

Ayurveda has a history that dates back to more than 5000 years, say the researchers. Initially the knowledge on this medical system had been passed on through generations orally. The first document that carries reference to Ayurveda is nothing but the Vedas. Hence, this healthcare system is believed to have been very popular among Indians since the Vedic age.
Later came, Susrutha, Charaka and Vagbhata, who documented the treatment and doctrines of Ayurveda. But considering the popularity of the medical system, there might have been many other Ayurvedic practitioners, in various regions in the country, whose contributions to this field went unnoticed just because he/she had not documented anything.
Such a loss of information is very unfortunate for the human kind, considering the various challenges that we still face in the health sector.
Nowadays, there are many local Ayurvedic practitioners in the remote areas of Kerala, apart from those working at ayurveda resorts kerala and Ayurveda Hospitals. The local practitioners are also good at prescribing the right herbal medicines for particular diseases. But they have kept the knowledge as a secret and they will only share it with one of their family members/disciples.
We should document their experience and knowledge too because in case we lose the information, it will be an irreparable loss for the medical field and the human kind as a whole.
Hence it is necessary to systematically document the Ayurveda practices and methods without fail so that the knowledge can be passed through centuries and the coming generations can make use of it.

*Home Doctor – a practical 304 page guide for every household to manage most health situations when help is not on the way
Steven R

Re: Need to document knowledge

Post by Steven R »

Thanks for the best resume services sharing updates here. It is valuable content I liked it so much. From Spanish, it came to my mind that I should share with you guys. Recently, I met with some Spanish people and they were so generous and humble people. Thanks once again for the document acknowledgment update here.